Saturday, July 18, 2009

This last weekend I was asked to make 35 invitations for my cousin Catherine's rehearsal dinner. Here's the catch.....she needed them...like yesterday! Well I have a new personal record, 35 complete invitations in 2 1/2 hours!







This is a picture of Catherine and I at her father's retirement party last summer.









And this is the invitation......a layer of black cardstock, a layer of pink cardstock, the printing is on a piece of 110 lb white cardstock. I then embossed a 1/2" strip of pink and layered it onto a 3/4" piece of black cardstock. For the monogram at the top I cut out 35 black squares with my cricut, then cut out 35 white shadow squares. The "N" is handstamped and embossed with white embossing powder. The embossing was the most time consuming by far.






Congrats Catherine and Justin! Can't wait for September!



j.

No comments: