Wednesday, July 29, 2009

15+ years.......wow.





Yep, that's how long I have held onto this little gem. It measures 5" wide by 8 1/2" tall, so it is a very large tag. I just absolutely love it. I have debated coloring it with markers, watercolor, tea staining it. You name it and the thought has probably ran through my mind. But here's the deal, I only have one and if I mess it up, I would be so sad. I don't have a clue what article of clothing this came off of and as you know if you have recently bought clothing.....they don't put tags like this on them anymore. This was an 80's thing. Tags were sooo cool then. In fact I was a "tag collector". Some kids collected baseball cards, others collected those little plastic charms...not me, I collected the artistic tags off of clothes. Weird, I know. But some of them were so cool and believe it or not, I have since used some of them on cards for customers.

What would you do with it? Scrap the story and leave it alone....color it....keep it in it's current home? (which was a basket on the shelf) Tell me!





j.

No comments: