Sunday, August 3, 2008


I have been busy creating new artwork! This layout was in a magazine and I knew the moment I saw it that I had to re-create it for my book! I was very pleased with the outcome. The focus is really on the great picture. The ribbon was all scrap pieces from my junk jar, they are about 2" long. I temporarily attached them with glue dots. After the border was on, I used my sewing machine to permanently attach them to the card stock. The "Family" letters are chipboard that has been painted with making memories paint and pearl glaze. Rhinestones accent each letter. The flower is also pearl glazed. This layout and the previous birthday layout are a little out of my normal box. My layouts are normally very cluttered and lots of "stuff" on them. These were very simple clean layouts. Sometimes it's good to do something out of the box, it helps you to grow as an artist!


j.

No comments: