Sunday, November 9, 2008

The 12 Days of Christmas Mini-Album

The whole idea of this album is to have it done before Christmas gets here! Once the decorating and shopping starts, I never have time to complete a project like this. I am going to start at the beginning & work my way to the end. If you have any questions please email me!

To start I assembled the products that I hoped to use. Several different kinds of chipboard, felt, metal embellishments, numbers, ribbon, poinsettia flowers, reg. flowers, brads, paint & many other things. As you can tell, I like to mix and match and I also like to add things that might not necessarily be "traditional" Christmas. The only thing I went out and bought specifically for this project is the album cover, "Red Bracket Shape Cover" by Teresa Collins $2.50 and the interior pages which were punch outs by Teresa Collins that cost about $4.60. Everything else is misc. junk laying around.


We will start with page 2 since the picture of page 1 didn't turn out so hot. (I'll post it later) This is one of the punch out card stock bases I mentioned above. It has a lot going on already without much embellishment. I added a simple flourish that I painted green and then glazed with a pearl glaze. A small red paper flower with a mini bling, adds just the right amount of flair. The pages are numbered for the 12 days, and I had some small metal numbers that look like bubble brads and they fit perfectly inside the circle at the bottom right of the page. You can see the back side of page 1 was left blank with exception to some beautiful flourish rub-ons from Basic Grey. I will decide on day 1 what will be on that page.




Back side of 2 and front side of 3.......These pages prove that you do not have to do a lot of embellishing to make them nice. The addition of some red bling down the edge and 2 flowers layered together with a flower center made out of a button, this page is finished. By the time you add your journaling, pictures and memorabilia, these pages will be full.


Look for page 1-3-4 tomorrow.

j.

No comments: