Friday, October 24, 2008

Last fall I participated in several local craft fairs in hopes of promoting my business. At that time I was selling things I had made and also trying to sell "supplies". It was very challenging to keep both going at the same time. I eventually made the decision to go in only one direction and just sell supplies. I still have a handful of customers that order personalized items, cards and small projects and I am very thankful for that. I certainly never have to worry about being bored!

This is one of several mini-albums that I created to sell. However after it was finished I decided not to sell it. I will probably post the others later this week, this one is my favorite.

We almost always host Thanksgiving and Christmas for my family at our house, so this will work perfect for all those family pics! If you notice every page has a white square of paper on it, that's because when I thought I was going to sell it those were for the customer to know picture size.

































All the pages in this book were very simple designs using cardstock, rub-ons & ribbon mostly. The cover was a very thick piece of cardboard that I covered with paper. The inner pages were created using a piece of cardstock folded in half. The folded edge goes on the outside edge creating pockets on several of the pages. All the pages were then bound together with a technique called Japanese Book Binding using ribbon. This project was a lot of fun and pretty quick to! If you have any questions please post a comment!


j.

No comments: