Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Birthday Gazette

I just made this card yesterday for a customer. It is obviously for "Brooke's" birthday. She works for Sun Publications in the Classified section, so I thought it would be fun to play off that.

The background paper looks like an old letter, the border on the side is two layers of inked up paper that looks like old newspaper with a zig-zag stitch holding it all together. I printed her name on the computer and then carefully tore it out to look like someone tore it from the paper, it was inked too. The dark red ribbon plays off the aged papers and breaks up the card to look like a "headline" and "the body of the paper". The "Birthday Gazette" was printed out of Word and torn all along the edges and inked to look old and torn from the "newspaper". This card was a ton of fun to make and all the tearing meant I could throw "perfect" right out the window!

All of the papers on this card are from my scrap pile, so I can't give you a supply list this time. The only things I know for certain is the ribbon is Hobby Lobby and the black paper is Close to my Heart.

Later this week I will be starting my Christmas mini-album. I plan on posting the entire process, so keep checking back often. :-)


j.

No comments: