Monday, September 7, 2009

Two cards, one wedding, one new car & a partridge in a pear tree......



ummmm...where is the groom? ;)

Remember the rehearsal dinner invitations I made about a month ago....well the wedding was this weekend. My cousin Catherine is the bride and she looked absolutely stunning! Her dancing partner is her dad.( My mom's brother).


Catherine & her brother Jared. Jared's wedding is next month, we haven't been to a wedding in 9 years and now we get to go to two in two months!

Mr. & Mrs. Justin Noel


What every little girl dreams of. Addie was so excited to go to a wedding. She has never been to one and so seeing the bride in her full gown with sequins and diamonds well, Addie was in awe...
This little cutie on my brothers lap is the bride next month. My oldest daughter Megan said, "mom, she is sitting on "Bubba's" lap....eww! That's gross!" So I politely turned to her and said..."Megan there is a really hot chick sitting on his lap, holding a beer and she is single. This is the most fun he has had in 15 years...let him enjoy it!" :) HAHAHA! (That's his wife in orange by the way and yes she is laughing!)
When my uncle Jim realized this was all happening, he went over and sat on Jared's lap (his son) & I was ready with the camera! Bubba's face is a little red.......
Jared & Sam
See ya in October!

The card I made for Catherine & Justin from us.


The card I made with mom's help for the happy couple from her and dad. She saw this card in a magazine and wanted to make it. Well she is in the middle of remodeling her house and can't even find her scrapbook supplies, so we made it at my house. She helped pick out buttons and I glue dotted each one. It looked like a very simple card, but it took a lot of time. You had to find the perfect spot for each button and each pearl and it had to form the heart. (We cheated and started with a heart cut out on the Cricut and put the lace all around the edge and then started filling in. (Freehand is not my friend, I have to have a template.)

The white embossed back ground is actually two pieces and the seam is hidden behind the ribbon. The "Love" stamp was stamped and embossed with chocolate ink and clear embossing powder. Then I ran it through the Cuttlebug embosser. Worked great!

Close up of the buttons. I love buttons. They make me happy to dump the whole bottle of buttons and dig through them to find the perfect one. ok, enough with my weird button fetish..... :)

The bride and her dad.

Last but not least, today is John's birthday! Happy birthday to my wonderful husband of nine years. Enjoy your birthday present!

And yes, he is unbelievably spoiled. :)

j.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Of course the cards are beautiful. . . BUT that car!!! Wowee!!!! It is a beauty!!!! Do you get to drive it too?

ori-jen-alchaos said...

ummm no. He won't let me have a key. :(