Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mini-Albums

I love to make Mini-Albums, they are quick and I can "complete" them and it's something small that can lay in a basket or sit on the fireplace mantle and the kids can take them down and touch them and play with them. After I complete one I feel like I have accomplished something. With a 12x12 Family Album it feels like it goes on and on and on with no end in site and I will never get caught up! Silly I know, but everyone thinks differently about things and so mini-albums are one of my favorite things!

This album was created after our youngest, Addie fell off the top of our staircase. She fell through the railing and landed on the concrete basement floor. Long story short, she fractured her skull from the top of her nose across her forehead. She is fine now and has had no problems with it since then, it healed just fine. A few months later I created this album to put pictures of Addie in her princess dress, the princess shoes that caused the fall and a letter to Addie about what happened. It was a good healing process. The title "Take Flight on the Wings of a Miracle" is in reference to Life-flight that took her to Childrens Mercy Hospital and also to the fact that it was a miracle that she is ok.

I think scrapbooks should have the good, bad and sometimes the terrible. When you look back on things that have happened in your life, not all of it is pretty flowers and glossy stickers that paint a happy go lucky life. There is a mixture of good, bad, ugly, terrible, scary and many other things! It's ok to scrapbook those feelings. I felt much better after I wrote about my feelings from that day. If you don't like it, don't put it in the book or make a mini-album like I did and put it away. You don't have to let everyone see every single layout and mini-album you create, this could be just for you in a private journal or something. So go ahead, try it! :-)



j.

No comments: