Monday, February 22, 2010

Guest Designer Tuesday
It's been along time since I posted, part of the reason is the time involved with uploading and the other part is my schedule!  Since Retreat I have been working non-stop on a family album for a customer.  My goal is to complete this project this week!  So I have taken several pictures of cards that my mother, Barbara McCurry has made and she is your guest designer this week! 

My Mom's hobby of making cards started 2-3 years ago when I started selling Close to my Heart.  I think her favorite part of it is that most scrapbookers are nightowls....so she fits right in!  Also, most scrappers are avid scrapbook supply shoppers....which also fits her well!    :)

Mom attended our Creative Hearts Retreat, however she spent 99% of the weekend cooking, which is actually her other love. Growing up I enjoyed homemade everything!  We rarely had a side dish from a "mix".  Everything was from scratch..and it was excellent.

I am posting several of moms cards from the last year or so.  She leans towards a clean simple design, lots of flowers and glitter is always welcome at her scrap table!  Enjoy!



j.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards! I just love them!!

Anonymous said...

I will tell mom to read the comments! She doesn't know that she is the "guest designer"! Her birthday is Friday, so i thought I would surprise her!

Thanks!
Jen

Catherine said...

Hey Jen - Love Aunt Barb's designs - I see where the talent began... :) Love the new look of your blog too - very springy! Hope you guys are well! I have a belated card in the mail :( the week got away from me sadly but I new it was Friday & a big one too - maybe a late card will be a nice suprise! :)